A Letter from Pastor Paul ...
Dear Wesleyan families and potential families,
Wesleyan Christian Academy is a place where friendships are valued and supportive relationships are built. The high priority on academics is balanced with developing the spiritual life for each student – we want to help students develop a Christian world view by giving them a chance to put these ideas and values to practice here on campus, throughout our community, and around the world.
As chaplain, I want to facilitate the efforts made by teachers and staff to give our students these opportunities. I am an ordained minister, a pastor for nearly 30 years, and the school chaplain since 1997 – I have no better credentials for this work, however, than raising a family of my own. As a dad and pastor, I share your passion to guide our children to a closer relationship with Christ. If I can be of service to you and your family, please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Pastor Paul Coates, School Chaplain
Spiritual Life Goal:
To ensure that Christian principles are taught, developed, nurtured, lived out, and put into practice.
Spiritual Life Mission:
To provide a great environment for training and equipping future leaders.
- Canned Food Drives for homeless shelters and food banks, including Open Door Ministries and Macedonia Resource Center
- Christmas bags for the homeless through Urban Ministries
- Coat drive for residents through the Macedonia Resource Center
- Homemade Christmas and Valentine’s Day cards for area nursing home residents
- Red Cross blood drives, www.redcross.org
- Special Olympics www.specialolympics.org
- Special Populations projects www.highpointnc.gov/pr/special_pop.cfm
- Valentine’s Day party at the Boys and Girls Club in High Point
- Christmas Hope Sacks through Hope of Life International in Guatemala
- Clean Sweep projects (fall and spring) through Macedonia Resource Center
- Jamaica Missions Trip and Guatemala Missions Trip through Hope of Life International
- Horsepower, therapeutic learning center www.horsepower.org
- Breakfast Buddies, every Tuesday at Parkview Elementary
- Community meals, 2nd Tuesday each month at Macedonia Resource Center
- Kids’ Café at Parkview Elementary
- Feast of Caring for Open Door Ministries
- High Point Crop Walk
Many projects are organized by individual classes and grade levels, clubs, and teams within the school, while some projects are presented as a school-wide opportunity.
Spiritual Life vimeo videos