Fifth Grade Guidance
We have a great time in Fifth Grade and I always look forward to learning more about our new middle school students and parents!
TEACHING CHILDREN TO BE PEACEMAKERS
In his article "Teaching Children to be Peacemakers," Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family, offers 12 principles to teach your children how to resolve conflict with their peers.
- 1. Conflict is a slippery slope.
- 2. Conflict starts in the heart.
- 3. Choices have consequences.
- 4. Wise-way choices are better than my-way choices.
- 5. The blame game makes conflict worse.
- 6. Conflict is an opportunity.
- 7. Forgiveness is a choice, not a feeling.
- 8. It is never too late to start doing what's right.
- 9. Think before you speak...
- 10. Respectful communication is more likely to be heard.
- 11. A respectful appeal can prevent conflict. Learn how to make one.
- 12. The "Five A's" can resolve conflict.