Mission, Vision & Philosophy
Our Mission is to partner with families by providing a biblically-based, college-preparatory education so that students will be equipped to serve Christ and influence the world.
For education to be meaningful, it must be based upon truth. Wesleyan Christian Academy believes that all truth is God’s Truth, and His Truth is revealed through the Bible, which is infallible and is the standard for living a successful life. Only by recognizing God as the Creator, Designer, and Organizer of the universe can a proper understanding and mastery of facts and knowledge be possible. Wesleyan's philosophy and statement of faith are based on the statements reflected in the Apostle's Creed and foundational tenets of Christian orthodoxy.
Wesleyan Christian Academy believes that Christian education is a process in which teaching and learning are accomplished through developmentally appropriate activities by Christian teachers who encourage a high standard of academic excellence. We believe God’s Word is the highest authority and strive to bring all knowledge into a living relationship with His Truth.
Wesleyan Christian Academy functions in a complementary role with the Christian home to provide, within a traditional, educational setting, opportunities that integrate and nurture each student’s spiritual, academic, social, physical, and emotional development.
Wesleyan Christian Academy stands firmly upon the historical truth, claims, and moral foundations of Christianity. This includes, but is not limited to, the biblical definition of marriage, the attendant boundaries of sexuality and moral conduct, and the clear biblical teaching that gender is both sacred and established by God’s design. These basic biblical values, derived from historical Christianity and the relevant Christian positions are embraced by the Wesleyan Church, under whose authority this academy rests.
Wesleyan Christian Academy desires to produce individuals who will be productive and contributing members both in society and within the body of Christ, emanating a Christian worldview.
Wesleyan's Core Values are a vital part of who we are as individuals, as a school and as a body of Christ.
- Students will recognize the Christ-controlled personality as the source of true happiness.
- Students will develop a continuous desire for learning.
- The Bible is foundational to all truth and is integrated in all subject areas.
- Wesleyan Christian Academy functions in a complementary role with the home and church to produce individuals who emanate a Christian world-view and become productive members of society.
- Students who are enrolled at Wesleyan Christian Academy can meet high academic expectations and become confident, intrinsically motivated, life-long learners.
- Each student is uniquely designed with spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social gifts; therefore, each learns in different ways.
- A variety of appropriate and relevant instructional approaches and methods of assessment is provided in order to meet the various learning styles of students.
- Curriculum design, instructional strategies, and learning activities are based on distinct goals and challenging expectations for student achievement.
- Students will be able to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills by the use of critical thinking and integrated application.
- Wesleyan Christian Academy continually strives for excellence and improvement.